Santhara - Yuvacharya Sadhvi Shubhamji

JCNC President

Jain Center of Northern California

722 S. Main St, Milpitas CA 95035

Jain Bhawan and Temple is CLOSE.

Live Darshan 24/7 here

image.png

[Yuvacharya Sadhvi Shubhamji [October 3, 1957 - January 2, 2021]

"Soul is the central point of spiritual discipline" - Tirthankar Mahaveer

Jai Jinendra,

Born as Shobha, Yuvacharya Sadhvi Shubhamji became a disciple of Acharya Chandanaji at a very early age. After spending her initial years gaining an in-depth knowledge of multiple religious scriptures, she dedicated her life to Seva (Service), Siksha (Education) and Sadhna (Spirituality).

In her early youth she led multiple humanitarian projects at Veerayatan.  Not only was she blessed with a sound understanding of religious principles, but her strong mindfulness also enabled her to perform multiple long ‘Avdhaans’ (remembering and responding to 100 + questions) at a very young age.

As Veerayatan expanded globally she traveled to many countries around the world preaching Jain Values to all ages.  She developed one on one life transformation relationships with many around the world

She was loving, kind, calm, simple and jovial.  She was an embodiment of non-attachment, completely free of all aversions. She was a true saint who not only attracted humans but birds and animals as well.  Free birds including parrots used to fly up to her, sit on her shoulders, eat from her hands, spend time with her and fly away only to return back.

She was anointed Yuvacharya of Veerayatan by Acharya Chandnaji a few years back which was celebrated by the Jain community all around the world.

She had recently developed some lever related ailment and was being treated at a reputed hospital in Pune.  Surrounded by Veerayatan Sadhvi Ji’s, her well-wishers and many volunteers she remained calm and in complete tranquility in her final moments in the same way she was the rest of her life.

She was given Santhara by Acharya Chandnaji at 12:30 am on January 2 at Jupiter Hospital, Pune, and left for her heavenly abode at 6 am.  Sadhvi Shilapiji, Sadhvi Shrutiji and Sadhvi Manasviji were with her in her final moments.

As she left for her heavenly abode, she wished the world well before she left and continued to shower her blessings from her new abode.

At JCNC we have many memories of her as she blessed our centers a few times.

While we understandably feel sad at this huge loss, let us take a moment to remember her smiling face, her calm spiritual influence, the warmth of her pure selfless love & kindness for each one of us.  Let us pay our obeisance to her by celebrating her amazing life and incorporating the values she taught us in our own lives.

Please consider observing a 2-minute meditation prayer after reading this message.

JCNC together with other CA Centers are planning a Shraddhanjali Zoom event and we will communicate details soon.

Sincerely,

Biren Shah

JCNC President

M: (408) 206-9049