President's Thanksgiving Message

JCNC President

Jain Center of Northern California

722 S. Main St, Milpitas CA 95035

Jain Bhawan and Temple is CLOSE.

Live Darshan 24/7 here

Jai Jinendra -

I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Millions of families across America will sit down to share a Thanksgiving meal filled with family and fewer friends. Thanksgiving is a holiday that captures distinctly American impulse to give something of ourselves. On this day we come together and do what’s required to make tomorrow better than today.

On this day it will do us good to think back on our lives with the grace of remembrance of the road travelled and remembrance of graces received. Unfortunately, on this occasion millions of birds are sacrificed. We all pray for these animals.

JAINA Education Committee and Dr Jina Shah has compiled an excellent Thanksgiving Prayer which all of us should recite:

“Today we give thanks for this vegetarian meal and the people who have labored to harvest and prepare this meal for us. We give thanks for the many lives that have contributed to our lives. We also ask for forgiveness from the living beings that we have harmed, intentionally and unintentionally.

We are grateful for our health and the opportunity to eat with others on this day. We aspire, with compassionate hearts, to use the energy that we gain from this meal and our friends to contribute to the peace and happiness of all living beings.

We pray that all the people of the world will avoid inflicting harm on animals and fellow human beings and practice nonviolence and compassion. We express our sorrow at the suffering of all the turkeys and other animals that are being slaughtered. May peace and compassion grow in ourselves and extend to all around us.”

During this holiday season all of us should realize that we have a lot to be grateful for.

JCNC entered the third decade of its journey. We are thankful to everyone who made beautiful Jain Bhawan a reality some twenty years ago. We salute their vision and perseverance which will be remembered for decades to come by our future generations.

Please express your gratitude to everyone around you as well as those who are less fortunate.

On Nov 17 Santa Clara County re-imposed stringent COVID protocols. Please stay safe.

Jain Bhawan is close. Live Darshan is available 24/7 on jcnc.org

Sincerely,

Biren Shah

JCNC President

M: (408) 206-9049