PLEASE APPLY - JCNC Religious Committee & Religious Volunteer Groups (2021)

JCNC Religious

Jai Jinendra and Pranam,

We are very thankful to the current Religious Committee for their exceptional contributions (tan, man and dhan) to our Dharma during the extraordinary year that was 2020.

We are pleased to announce that we have now started the process to reinstitute JCNC Religious Committee (RC) for 2021. This email describes its role and responsibilities of its members. We invite you to inform us of your interest in serving on this committee and serve the Jain Center for Religious programs.

We are also pleased to announce the formation of the five Tradition Volunteer Groups (TVG) to augment the JCNC Religious Committee. Each TVG may consist of 3-7 volunteers who would work with the respective RC members to plan, prepare for, and carry out events of the respective tradition.

We welcome you to send an email to religious@... indicating your interest and the tradition you would like to represent at the latest by January 23rd, 2021. We plan to finalize the religious committee through this process by January 25th, 2021.

Your elected Religious Program officers are very keen to offer as many religious programs virtually and in a pandemic-safe manner for every tradition as the RC can help with. Your creative, inspiring, and energetic participation will bring much needed spiritual engagement in 2021

We look forward to hearing from you and working with you.

I. JCNC Religious Committee:
The following describes role, committee composition, and responsibilities:

1.
Role:  The role of the JCNC Religious Committee is to provide advice to the VP and Co-VP of Religious Programs on religious policies and procedures and to provide support in planning and execution of the religious programs.

2.      Committee Composition:  The committee will be comprised of the following members:
    a.      VP of Religious programs (Chair of the Committee)
    b..      Co-VP of Religious Programs (Co-Chair of the Committee)
    c.      Immediate Ex-VP of Religious Programs
    d.      President of EC is the observer and guide to this sub committee.
    e.      Ten members represents as follows:
        (i).       Two persons representing each of the five traditions (Digambar, Shwetambar Murtipujak, Sthanakwasi, Terapanthi and Shrimad Rajchandra Mumukshus)
        (ii).      Both persons representing a tradition should be very familiar with the procedures and processes associated with and follows the tradition.

3.
Committee Member Duties & Responsibilities:
    a.      Attend monthly Religious Committee meeting (missing 2 consecutive meetings will be treated as having resigned from the committee and will be replaced. Attendance by phone conference will be treated as present).
    b.      Take initiative and responsibility in planning events, help prepare for events, and execute events in a timely manner. Religious events are the most important activities at Jain Bhawan and committee members are expected to take                       ownership of two or more events. They are responsible to achieve fulfill the expectations to the satisfaction and standards practiced at JCNC.
    c.      Follow the established policies and procedures at JCNC while being cognizant that JCNC caters to multiple traditions and practicing one tradition should not violate other tradition’s practices.
    d.      Members should not impose or enforce their personal views that are not commonly practiced in their tradition.
    e.      Members MUST show undisputed and uncompromising respect to each of five traditions.
    f.       Members of the committee must actively participate and/or lead cross-tradition activities.
    g.      All JCNC programs must comply with all of federal, state, county and city laws and rules regulations.

II. JCNC Tradition Volunteer Groups:
Five “Tradition Volunteer Groups” (TVG) will be formed to augment the JCNC Religious Committee.

1.      Role:  Work with the Religious Committee to help prepare and execute various religious programs of the respective traditions. For cross tradition programs, we will create an event team from these volunteers.

2.      Group Composition:
    a.      Five groups are: Swetambar Murtipujak Group, Digambar Group, Shrimad Rajchandra Group, Sthankvasi Group Terapanth Group.
    b.      Each TVG may comprise of 3-7 volunteers who would volunteer for events of the respective tradition.

3.      Volunteer Duties & Responsibilities:
    a.      Support help in event planning, coordination and execution for a timely delivery of assigned responsibilities and tasks.
    b.      No regular meetings to attend but attend event meetings for the event that they have signed up for.
    c.      Follow the established policies and procedures at JCNC while being cognizant that JCNC caters to multiple traditions and practicing one tradition should not violate other tradition’s practices.
    d.      Volunteers should not impose or enforce their personal views that are not commonly practiced in their tradition.
    e.      Each volunteer MUST show undisputed and uncompromising respect to each of five traditions.

Padmesh Parekh & Dr. Nikunj Mehta
VP & Co-VP of Religious Programs
For any questions, please contact us @ religious@...