JCNC Weekly Update (Week of Feb 3rd - Feb 9th)

JCNC PR

Jai Jinendra,

The PR team is glad to present the following updates for the week of Feb 3rd - Feb 9th.

Open EC Position – Apply Today

Co VP of Facilities Administration [1 Year Term] (1 Seat)

We seek application from the JCNC Life Members in good standing for consideration to the open EC position: Co VP of Facilities Administration [1 Year Term] (1 Seat).

For Roles and Responsibilities, click link: http://www.jcnc.org/contact-us/jcnc-policies---new

For eligibility requirements for EC position please refer to the Third Amended Bylaws or click link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ttBRhjWV8vl3ofcOPTCi8lheEgXcdoAp/view Please submit nomination via e-mail to president@... and pr@... by no later

than February 21, 2021.

Your e-mail response must have the following information:

1. Prior Experience (if any) working in the Executive Committee, Board of Director or

as a JCNC member: (5 lines only)

2. Any other relevant experience outside JCNC (5 lines)

Requirements to be considered for the position: 21 years of age or older and JCNC Life member in good standing.

JAINA Convention

Register Now for the 2021 JAINA Convention!

The JAINA Executive Committee and the 2021 JAINA Convention Board are wholeheartedly excited to invite you, your family and your friends from around the world to join us on “The Resilient Path to Peace” at the virtual 21st Biennial JAINA Convention from July 1-6, 2021.

Despite the ongoing pandemic, the Convention Board and various committees have been hard at work to ensure that this virtual convention is a once-in-a lifetime experience. And for the first time ever, this convention is open to the entire world to attend! No matter where in the world you are, you’ll still be able to enjoy this unique experience. With sessions available on-demand, even if you can’t attend a scheduled session you can still go back and watch it afterwards.

We are proud to host speakers such as Jainacharya Ratnasundersurishwarji Maharaj Saheb, Rashtrasant Shree Namramuniji Maharaj Saheb, Brahma Kumari Sister Shivaniji and motivational speaker Rahul Kapoor Jain. Soon we will be confirming a few more exceptional Speakers.

This convention will feature sessions and activities for all age groups, such as:

  • Enlightening discourses by world renowned scholars and spiritual leaders

  • Exclusive sessions by the Young Jains of America, Young Jain Professionals,

and Jain Connect

  • Jain Academic Bowl (JAB) and International JAB

  • Jains Got Talent

  • 2-Night Cultural Program

  • Many more programs to be announced!

We encourage you to take advantage of our special pricing of only $5 before prices increase to $25 by clicking on the link below or visiting www.jainaconvention.org.

Register Now

To get the latest updates on the 21st Biennial JAINA Convention, follow us on social media @JainaConvention.

Education Team Update

Mahavir Janma Kalyanak (MJK-2021) virtual program

JCNC Education team is very excited to announce the Mahavir Janma Kalyanak (MJK-2021) virtual program to be held on April 18th 2021 (Sunday).

We humbly request all JCNC Shala kids and community members to enthusiastically participate in this event and help JCNC make its first virtual MJK event a grand success. Please submit the google form in the link below to register your performances for MJK-2021.

Link to MJK-2021 Performance Registration - https://tinyurl.com/y3rtpoqu

Guidelines for performance -

1.    All themes should adhere to Jain values and principles

2.    This is a virtual event - video recordings of the performances will be required

3.    Deadline to submit registration form - Feb. 15, 2021 by 11:59 PM PST

4.    Deadline to submit video recordings - Mar. 31, 2021 by 11:59 PM PST

5.    Maximum of 25 entries on a first come, first serve basis will be accepted

6.    Maximum of 3 adult performances from JCNC Senior Mixer and other adults

from JCNC community

7.    Minimum number of participants per group is 4

8.    One participant can participate in maximum of 2 performances

9.    Performance using songs should be Jain religious or folk/non-movie songs.

Kavitaben Parekh, is the primary contact for this cultural program. For any questions or clarifications, please contact Kavitaben Parekh at pparekh6@....

Being a virtual event we want to bring varied content to the community. We look forward to ideas for group dance / skit / musical performances based on Jain (religious / folk / social) themes as in past years. We will share further information and program timeline in another email.

Additionally, JCNC Education team is working with JCNC Cultural team to bring to you an Elocution competition for our young generation. Full details for participating in this event to follow in an upcoming email by middle of February.

Looking forward to your wholehearted participation in the MJK-2021 event!

Virtual Shala Day Camp 2021

Hope most of you had a great time participating in Shala Day Camp held in 2019 with activities like Robotics, Drones, Science, Technology, Games and Religious Activites. Continuing with a similar theme of Science, Technology and Games, JCNC Education is announcing the Virtual Shala Day Camp 2021. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic circumstance, the event is planned to be held online.

When: Saturday, March 6th 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM.

This year the Day Camp promises to be a fun-filled day with activities in various diverse areas:

  • Science technology.

  • Games

  • Art / Crafts

Day Camp is for kids in shala grades KG and up. Kids of grade KG - 2 may require some help by a parent during the activity.

Charges for the event are as below -

  • Members – $10

  • Non-Members – $15

This Shala day camp will provide an opportunity for Shala kids to participate virtually in activities along with their friends.

Please register at the 123Signup link provided below.

https://www.123signup.com/register?id=kxtgk

During registration, select 'Add guest’ to enter your kid's name. Credit Card payments are accepted. We will need volunteers for help in different virtual activities. Please let us know of your availability by providing your contact information while completing the registration.

Registration for the event will close on Feb 12, 2021 11:59 PM PST. The event is subject to change depending upon volunteers’ availability.

We will share the Virtual Shala Day Camp 2021 activity schedule soon.

Please consider donating for this and other Shala events. You can donate online for JCNC Education at the link below -

http://www.jcnc.org/donate

Please email education@... if you have any questions or need more information.

Looking forward to an exciting and fun-filled event!

Cultural Corner

We have two exciting things coming up.

  1. JCNC Cultural team is very happy to introduce as part of  MJK along with Shala performances a Elocution Content on 18th  April 2021. Elocution contest related communication along with age group requirements will follow soon. So start thinking about the topics.

  1. JAINA Convention related Cultural presentations from our Center-Request for proposals from members

    1. The 2021 JAINA Convention team is really excited to invite members or groups from your Sangh to participate in the Cultural Program at the 21st Biennial JAINA Convention Program. You may be already aware that this year the JAINA Convention is going to be hosted virtually (online) as a result, we will be hosting Jains not only from North America but from across the globe. This is going to be the first-ever global online JAINA Convention. Also, for the first time, we’re opening the cultural show to international participants and expanding it to include all forms of performing art.

    2. The people or group registering for this doesn’t need to be part of any group or affiliated with any Jain Center to sign up.

    3. Anyone interested in joining JCNC to participate at the JAINA annual convention cultural show, please reach out to Shard Dadbhawala, VP and Kamlesh Jain, Co VP Cultural. Email cultural@...

JCNC Adult Swadhyaya, "Yogdrushti Samuchchay"

Time: Feb 7, 2021 10:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/92649570080?pwd=Ti9weUl2QUVZQllHUk43Q3FQOVRydz09

Meeting ID: 926 4957 0080 | Passcode: 510510

Health Update

All You Need to Know About COVID-19 Vaccine

- With Dr. Manoj Jain

Jain Center of Northern California joined hands with Jain Center of Southern California, and other Sister California Jain Centers, and presents an educational and eye-opening event - "All You Need To Know About COVID-19 Vaccine" with the renowned physician Dr. Manoj Jain, MD MPH, who is an infectious disease physician, a writer, a professor at the Emory University, and a national leader in healthcare quality improvement and Medical Advisor for the State of TN. Dr. Jain writes regularly for the Washington Post, and the Commercial Appeal (Memphis newspaper).

Dr. Jayesh Shah, President of the Jain Center of Southern California (JCSC) will provide information about the Vaccine availability, schedule, etc., to the audience.

JCSC Tech Team will provide information about its Technology Assistance Program for Seniors.

Please don't miss this opportunity! Join this Virtual Event! You could send your questions to us in advance at pr@.... Having your questions in prior to the event will help us manage the event effectively. Thank You!

Event Date: Saturday, February 6, 2021

Event Time: 3 PM PST

Zoom Event Link: https://is.gd/jcsclive

If you are unable to join Zoom for any reason, please join the event via YouTube (below link)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/jcsclive

Event Sponsored By:

  • Jain Center of Southern California (JCSC)

  • Jain Center of Northern California (JCNC)

  • Jain Society of San Diego (JSSD)

  • Jain Center of Greater Sacramento (JCGS)

  • Jain Temple of Los Angeles (JTLA)

  • Sanatan Temple

  • Gujarati Society of Southern California

  • Joy of Share

Hetan Shah & Ravi Shah

VP & Co-VP Public Relations & Membership

For any questions, please contact us @ pr@jcnc.org

JCNC Member Enroll/Renewal:  http://www.jcnc.org/Membership